Second Life XstreetSL Item Disappears

Perm url with updates: http://xahlee.org/sl/xstreetsl_item_disappears.html

XstreetSL Item Disappears

Get your Xah Particle Maker today!

There's a really bad bug in XstreetSL. If you item has multiple languages, and when you edit the page or add a language, the item will disappear, for about 2 to 3 days.

This is now a known issue, as jira bug 114.

Here's some detail of my story.


This happen to me too. I make slightly over $100 usd per month, and the primary product that made this happen is a particle making machine.

My item is this xstreetsl.com ItemID 1387599.

It does have multiple languages which i added long ago.

On 2010-05-20, i tried to update the description for a new manual, and bang, the item disappeared. I went into panic. Spend 2 hours eventually found a place to post to Linden Labs support, and also posted to xstreet market place forum. Just got a notice from support today (2010-05-24) that points me to this jira bug page.

It'd very bad for me particularly because i have hundreds of note cards in all manuals and advertisements, already distributed in-world, that points to the xstreet url. As well all my documents and advertisement on my website pointing to this url. I also have ratings and user comments on the item. The item is also a featured item i paid for about a year now.

Glad that the item came back though. (4 days)

Hope Lindens will fix this asap.

Now i'm afraid to edit the page.

Want to dash through walls?
Try Xah Tele-Dasher!

Popular posts from this blog

11 Years of Writing About Emacs

does md5 creates more randomness?

Google Code shutting down, future of ErgoEmacs