Perm url with updates: http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/falun_gong.html
Falun Gong Front Groups
Xah Lee, 2011-02-28
Just discovered this post at Source www.politicsforum.org . It lists some front groups of Falun Gong. I learned, that recently the call for China to start a revolution, which seems to be from “boxun.com”, is a Falun Gong front group as i suspected. (See: Chinese Revolution à la Egypt?.)
Here's the post.
✻ ✻ ✻
Posted: Mon 21 Feb 2011, 17:26, by benpenguin
First post here, hi guys!
I know Falun Gong is almost a dead topic, but I can assure you they are still around, just under various alias or disguises. To the trained eyes however, no matter what name they are under, one can spot them easily by reading the heavily loaded language, heavily critical to the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) with similar style to the CCP official propaganda in the 1960 era (Well the CCP is much smarter now)
A bit of background information about Falun Gong(FLG) front organizations — openly FLG or disguised:
- http://www.ntdtv.com — NTD TV
- http://www.boxun.com — Boxun news
- http://www.theepochtimes.com — Epoch Times
- http://www.minghui.org — Ming Hui (Openly FLG)
- http://www.soundofhope.org — Soung of Hope radio
- http://www.renminbao.com — People's Newspaper (LOL I love this one, the name confuses with the Chinese official newspaper)
- http://www.chinainterimgov.org/ — China Interim Government (Yes it is real — they even elected a president and parliament!)
- http://www.shenyunperformingarts.org — Shen Yun Performing Arts (I betcha seen their ads somewhere on the streets — if you didn't, you're blind )
I couldn't list all their organizations, but you get the point — all the above organizations / media is nearly 100% founded by Falun Gong faithfuls. Everytime you make an argument against them on facebook, you are quickly swarmed by FLG loyals saying that you violate their freedom of speech / is brainwashed / simply needs to look at their book (I did)
Are they a cult? Well, because the CCP said they are, doesn't mean they aren't. To my definition, they are a cult. Where did I do my research? Reading their book, their own websites, and talking to their members.
Trust me, they are bloody scary.
Now lets take a look of some of some of their insider stuff:
- 1. Old forces — Master Li, head of the movement, once said "old and evil forces" — used to describe evil spirits and CCP (Which is also evil spirit) The term is then used to describe everything they don't like. Denouncing made easy!
- 2. Denial of medicine — because FLG guys are "spiritual" in nature, they cannot get sick, and therefore no need for conventional medicine. What if somebody in FLG died of sickness? Well, he's not doing it right. HOWEVER, they are not stopping you to see a doctor if you want to.
- 3. “To succeed, you need to listen to the master. If you fail, you are not listening to the master.” One of the basic morals in their book. The master means Mr. Li Hong Chi, the founder — no1 else can be “master”. FLGers are ferociously loyal to the master, and will nearly burst into grateful tears when talking about him — just read some of their newspapers and you get the point.
These guys claim that they are not an organization. Well, they are certainly organized. Why did they get banned in the first place? They ORGANIZED 10000 practitioners to surround Chong Nan Hai, China's power enclave (or Russia's Kremlin in that respect) How did they do that without the Chinese police even noticing? They organized the event on the internet, which is under heavy monitor from the CCP. THE CCP DIDN'T SEE THEM COMING UNTIL THE DAY! Well, that can only mean they infiltrated the CCP beforehand.
They did threw a lot of accusations of CCP organ harvesting and prosecution. Prosecution needs no explanation — I will do that if were I in CCP's place — but organ harvesting? They did provided some circumstantial evidence, but nothing solid. An independent human rights group investigated their claims and found no evidence as well.
And being mistreated still doesn't count as an argument that they are not a cult anyway!
Cult or new spiritual movement? YOU decide.