Perm URL with updates: http://xahlee.org/w/twitter_spam_ask_nice_questions.html
got a twitter spam.
@xah_lee Can you tell me why the symmetry groups are labelled p1, p4m, p31m, p3m1 etc? I just can not work it out Thank you in advance
i actually answered quickly. Then, went to check his tweets, several «I made $350 today ‹cryptic link›».
check out this article! I made $350 today! ow.ly/5LwT9?voru check out this article! I made $370 today! goo.gl/7Zu1F?gijor check out this article! I made $350 today! ow.ly/5Lypm?syhi
this is a human operated scam. The guy's question came from reading this page Wallpaper groups: The 17 Wallpaper Groups.
He may not be a professional spammer. Might signed up with one of the spam programs to make a few bucks. See: Where Do Spammers Came From? (A Xah Story of Human Animals).
Why's he asking me question? Of course, ask in a nice way, most people are eager to answer. Then, he's got real interaction with real people. Then, spam detectors get confused.
- Twitter Spamfarm
- A Egregious Case of Twitter Spam
- Machine Generated Spam
- Where Do Spammers Came From? (A Xah Story of Human Animals)
- Grayhat SEO Use Translation as a Method to Generate Inbound Links
- World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics???
- Spy vs Spy; Tech Geekers vs Spammers