Human Operated Twitter Spam: Beg a Question to Make Real Interaction

Perm URL with updates: http://xahlee.org/w/twitter_spam_ask_nice_questions.html

got a twitter spam.

@xah_lee Can you tell me why the symmetry groups are labelled p1, p4m, p31m, p3m1 etc? I just can not work it out Thank you in advance

from “@delahunty91”

i actually answered quickly. Then, went to check his tweets, several «I made $350 today ‹cryptic link›».

check out this article! I made $350 today! ow.ly/5LwT9?voru

check out this article! I made $370 today! goo.gl/7Zu1F?gijor

check out this article! I made $350 today! ow.ly/5Lypm?syhi

Clearly spam. Went to one of the site with Firefox javascript off and got a spam/malware site warning.

this is a human operated scam. The guy's question came from reading this page Wallpaper groups: The 17 Wallpaper Groups.

He may not be a professional spammer. Might signed up with one of the spam programs to make a few bucks. See: Where Do Spammers Came From? (A Xah Story of Human Animals).

Why's he asking me question? Of course, ask in a nice way, most people are eager to answer. Then, he's got real interaction with real people. Then, spam detectors get confused.

Popular posts from this blog

Browser User Agent Strings 2012

11 Years of Writing About Emacs

does md5 creates more randomness?