Started to do some interview. Here's some random notes of tech snapshot, 2012. Some has been around for a few years and is used by many large companies.
Here's large scale database related tech:
- MongoDB. document-oriented NoSQL database system.
- Redis. networked, in-memory, key-value data store with optional durability.
- Memcached. distributed memory caching system. For speed up dynamic database-driven websites by caching data and objects in RAM.
- RabbitMQ. message broker software (i.e., message-oriented middleware) that implements the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) standard. The RabbitMQ server is written in Erlang.
- http://haproxy.1wt.eu/. TCP/HTTP Load Balancer.
- Amazon EC2
Small scale database: