Perm URL with updates: http://xahlee.org/comp/functional_languages_history_diagram.html
Here's a diagram by Michael Fogus:
- A Functional Programming Influence Graph By Michael Fogus. @ Source blog.fogus.me
- History of Functional Languages ? By Dave Macqueen?. @ Source www.classes.cs.uchicago.edu
- [Clojure] notes on Mathematica pattern transformation & Clojure predicate dispatch By Kovas Boguta. @ Source grokbase.com
What are some first pattern matching languages?
Note: Michael Fogus is a author of a Clojure book. See: Clojure Books.
- Proliferation of Computing Languages
- Intro to Mathematica Pattern Matching for Lisp Programers
- Programing: What are OOP's Jargons and Complexities (OOP Model as FP)
- The Concepts and Confusions of Prefix, Infix, Postfix and Fully Nested Notations
- Computer Language Design: What's List Comprehension and Why is It Harmful?
- Unix Pipe as Functional Language
- Programing: Why Idiomatic Programing Are Bad